Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How much you mean to me... from Janet Dungey

Mom, I just want to let you know how much your friendship means to me. For years you have been my sounding board. I can talk to you about things I can't talk to my Mom about. We laugh and share many stories together.
You are someone I can tell Noah's achievements to that will understand how proud I am of him. I can tell you things that are troubling me and you aren't critical of me and those things I share with you. You have given me words of encouragement. My Mom isn't able to give those words because those words of encouragement were never spoken to her. I admire your resilience. I always tell everyone that you are real "Energizer Bunny" I never met anyone who in spite of their illness keeps going on. I only hope that I have your same resilience when I reach 80.
When I first met Wynn, I was really fascinated by his Mom. I guess I've always had this attraction to colorful people. I have always loved poetry but never have been able to put into words all the beautiful things that I have seen. I admire that you are able to do that. It is my prayer that you will have a Very Blessed 80th Birthday and you will realize how you have touched so many lives with your kindness. Love, Jan Dungey

No comments: